The mandate of human resources management is to maximize the productivity of the organization by optimizing the effectiveness of its employees. This fundamental purpose is now brought into more attention with the recent rapid changes in the business world as well as the whole society.
Hence, the present challenge in human resources management is to develop a versatile and modern HRM professionals who will be able to drive this forward. Therefore, offering of more education opportunities that address this matter is essential.
Master of Human Resources Management (MHRM) program offers this very vital aspect and expected to provide students with the knowledge to be proficient in human resource (HR) management concepts, skills and activities in order to help develop HR systems that will support their organisation’s strategic objectives.
MHRM is approved by the Ministry of Education and accredited by the Malaysian Qualification Agency. Program is developed and offered by Asia e University Malaysia and delivered in Sri Lanka by Regal Campus.
2 yrs (5 Semesters)
Blended Learning; Face-to-Face and Online
Weekends; Four (4) hours
Assignments – 60%
Exams – 40%
UGC Sri Lanka
At the end of the programme, students are able:
– Demonstrate and contribute an ethical HR values and practices to business.
– Recognise opportunities in implementing activities that foster constructive organisational
change through commitment, motivation, teamwork, wellness, safety and values.
– Critically analyse and form action plans to address HR operational issues and implement sound
– Contrast international HR practices across various cultures and recognise necessary adjustment
for cross cultural differences
– Human Resource Training and Development
– Strategic HR Planning, Recruitment and Selection
– Compensation Management
– Industrial Relations Practices
– Industrial Psychology
– Research Methodology
– Human Resource Costing
– Human Resource Information System
– Corporate Communication
– Leadership and Organisational Change
– Performance Management
– International Human Resource Management
Research Project and Dissertation
– Possess a recognised Bachelor’s degree with minimum CGPA of 2.50; OR
– A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualifications but did not reach CGPA 2.50 can be accepted, subject to a minimum five (5) years working experience in related fields.
Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) Entry Requirements:
– Minimum 30 years of age on the year of application.
– Possess at least STPM / ‘A’ Level / Diploma / equivalent (e.g. foundation).
– Relevant work experience.
Minimum English Language Requirements for International Students:
– Minimum score of 6.0 for IELTS; OR
– Other recognized equivalent qualification
– Those who have their tertiary education in English will normally be exempted from the above requirement.